Face and body paints are specially designed to be applied to the skin, but sometimes they can get on your clothes. This creates stains that may be hard to remove if you do not know how to do it. So how can you remove body paint from clothes?
Face and body paints can be difficult to remove from your own skin, let alone remove body paint stains from clothes.
If you don’t know how to remove body paint from clothes we got the solution for you! In this guide, we will go over the best ways to remove face and body paints from clothes and even from your shoes!
Does Body Paint Come Out Of Clothes?
Yes, body paint can come out of clothes. While most of the time it is easy to remove body paint from clothes, it all depends on the type of body paint you used, and the fabric of the clothes.
Usually, if you wash your clothes with detergent and scrub the body paint stain it will easily come off. If it does not come off easily you can always try a stain remover.
It is also important to try to remove body paint from clothes while the paint is still drying. Otherwise, once the paint completely settles on the fabric it will be even more difficult to remove.
Last case scenario you can always use isopropyl alcohol or hairspray to remove the paint. Although you should be aware that this may damage your clothes.
How Do You Remove Body Paint From Clothes?
Though it’s a bit difficult to get paint out of clothes, it is removable. First and foremost, you need to know the kind of body paint you want to remove from your clothes. There are two popular types of body paint available in the market: water-based and oil-based paints.
If you aren’t sure about the type of paint you are using, you should check the label on the packaging. Water-based body paints are easier to remove as compared to oil-based body paints. Water-based paints usually just need a little water and detergent or soap to be removed.
Oil-based body paints tend to stick to the fabric of clothes, and once they dry they can be difficult to remove.
Although removing oil-based body paint from your clothes is more difficult, it can be done.
Follow the instructions below to remove water-based and oil-based paints.
How to Remove Water-Based Body Paint from Clothing?
You can remove water-based body paint in 5 simple steps:
- Step 1: First and foremost, you should try to scrape the paint from your clothes as much as possible using a brush or dull knife.
- Step 2: Use warm running water to soak the stain, preferably on the backside so you do not damage your clothes. Use a simple cloth rag to remove the rest of the paint.
- Step 3: Apply the mixture of half warm water and half detergent. Then, keep rinsing the paint until it is removed.
- Step 4: If the body paint stain is still visible you should first try to repeat the first 3 steps. If that does not remove the body paint from clothes, try blotting the cloth gently with a non-acetone nail polish remover. You can also use hairspray or rubbing alcohol to remove the stain and then rewash the clothes.
- Step 5: If the paint isn’t removed properly, you should bring your clothes to a dry cleaner. They will be able to remove the body paint stain for you.
How to Remove Oil-Based Body Paint from Clothes?
Here are the steps needed to remove oil-based body paint:
- Step 1: Turn your clothes inside out and place them on a stack of paper towels or clean rags. Then, blot the stain from the backside using the paint thinner or turpentine until the paint doesn’t come off.
- Step 2: Take the clothes and rinse them.
- Step 3: Take detergent and apply it to the spot. Then, soak it in hot and soapy water for some time.
- Step 4: You should rinse the clothes thoroughly the next day as you wash normally.
- Step 5: After washing, if the stains are still there, wash that again after using a stain remover. Or take the clothes to the professional dry cleaner. Remember to make sure not to dry clothes until the paint is completely removed.
How do you remove black body paint from clothes?
Black face paint is not much different from other body or face paints. Usually just scrubbing with water and detergent will be enough, but it depends on the type of body paint you used. However, the paint removal process from clothes remains the same as we have mentioned in detail in the above section.
Does vinegar remove body paint from clothes?
Yes, hot vinegar works as a great alternative stain removal. However, you should use it with some caution because it can loosen the fibers of your clothes. Follow the steps below to remove paint from clothing using vinegar as follows:
- First, you need to get rid of the excess paint from clothes using a spoon (but do it carefully).
- Apply white vinegar for only 10 to 15 minutes on the body paint stain. Don’t use an excessive amount of it because it can fade the color of clothes.
- Use liquid detergent and wash your clothes after applying vinegar for a few minutes.
How does Hairspray remove body paint from clothes?
Hairspray is an alcohol-based cleaner that is widely used to remove paint from clothes. Sometimes detergent is not enough to remove body paint stains, and when not even the stain remover works, you can consider this option. Try blotting the clothes gently with hairspray. After some time, wash them.
How do you get body paint out of shoes?
Follow the steps below to get body paint out of shoes:
- Take a dull knife or spoon to get rid of the excess paint from the shoes
- Use a wet cloth and wipe the affected area. It will make the fabric easier to clean.
- Behind the stained area, apply turpentine to the interior of the shoe. For this purpose, you can use a rag or an old sponge. (This works better if you have shoes made out of fabric)
- Take a dry cloth and rub the stain. Meanwhile, you can apply detergent using an old rag.
- If the paint still remains there, you should apply hot water to the stain. You should rub the paint with your thumb to remove the paint.
- Rinse off the shoes and the stain will be gone completely.
- If it still resides there, you can use a paint remover to clean your shoes.
Does Neon Body Paint Come Out Of Jeans?
Yes, most neon paints are washable on most clothing. You can remove paint spots from your jeans using any of the methods we mentioned earlier. Similarly, neon paint comes from jeans using baking soda as well.
Baking soda is a great tool to remove paint stains when it is used with boiled water. First of all, you need to soak the stained jeans in hot water mixed with baking soda for a few minutes. The great magic of baking soda will start working and will make your clothes stain-free.
Hopefully, much of your confusion regarding body paint stains on clothes has been cleared after reading this guide. All the above-mentioned methods work extremely well.
However, you must try to remove the paint as soon as possible because fresher paints come out of clothes easily. As time passes, removing the paints from clothes gets much harder.